Many female entrepreneurs often define happiness and success as having healthy relationships with friends, family, partners; being able to take time to do things for themselves, like reading books, taking vacations, totally relaxing, getting plenty of sleep; ability to pay their own bills, buy clothes, treat others to lunch, hire people to help leverage their time and profits.
They begin investing in property, like a home, vehicle and furniture. They are learning about, better understanding, and building up their wealth in other ways, like investing in their savings, funding IRA accounts, renting out rooms/homes, and more.
As a woman entrepreneur who has been in business for several years, I want you to be aware of some important habits that are rampant among seriously independent women entrepreneurs, like YOU. They’ve practiced honing the following habits…
The 6 Habits of Independent, Successful Female Entrepreneurs (in no particular order)
1. Stay Optimistic: While they are learning and implementing marketing and business building skills, they stay optimistic, positive and continually gain more business confidence. If things don’t turn out the way they thought it would, they accept it and move forward. They don’t depend on ONE customer to make or break their business. There is simply too much opportunity in the world. If you don’t believe me, then get on an airplane and look down at all the people living on the ground…we all need help at something!
2. Embrace Routines. Routines have become a way of life, something they can count on to keep the ball rolling in forward motion. It may have taken them a while to stick to their calendars, but these women have trained themselves to show up on certain days & certain times to complete tasks (including the laundry & dishes!), work on projects, meet with clients, and meet with team members.
3. Patience. They don’t rush or panic, and instead take consistent action at a steady, calm pace. Sure, the pace sometimes ebbs & flows depending on energy levels. Nobody has perfect days every single day. We’re human. We have emotions. And women, we PMS! I preach calmness to my VIP clients…please work from a calm place, not a rushed/panicky place. Shake the rushing/panicky sensation out of your body if you feel it coming on. Get back IN CONTROL.
4. Being Happy. They are embracing great attitudes, setting themselves up to easily keep up, and finding pleasure around every little corner of life. If things aren’t exactly like they envision, they remember Habit #1. The saying “Enjoy the ride!” has never been more appropriate than when you are an entrepreneur. It’s the ultimate ride that will test you on every level of your being.
5. Always Letting Go. The statement “less is more” is an understatement. It may have taken these women a while to truly understand this, but once they got it…they simplified their schedules, their thoughts, their actions, their homes, their offices, their computers, their associations. If you aren’t sure if you’ve entered “less is more” territory, then you’ll know when you’ve arrived, because letting go becomes an addiction.
6. Always Taking Strategic Action, Not Staying in Busywork Mode. These women have learned that in order to figure something out, that they must stop analyzing and thinking about things, and instead begin DOING one thing, then another. This leads them to the solution/answer they are searching for. As they become clear on what actions are truly causing them success, then they drop the busywork that they “thought” was the solution to success. Working harder, being busy, and exhausting yourself doesn’t guarantee success. So, if this habit caught your attention, then I want you to be in action, just don’t confuse busywork with success.
All the habits mentioned above get stronger and more effective the longer they are put into practice. Your level of mastery of these habits can affect your level of success. Pick one that you can practice getting better at this week.
What habit can you get into the habit of practicing more often? Which ones are you pretty darn great at already???